Saturday, July 22, 2006

Our 1% Cellularity Celebration!!!!!

As I took pictures of my siblings this afternoon during our first "Hardy Party" in years instead of asking them to smile and say "cheese" I asked them to smile and say "yeah for Judd's 1% cellularity." I know it sounds a bit odd and out of context but when I explain to you how exactly 1% cellularity refers to Judd's bone marrow I'm sure all of you will smile and shout "yeah for Judd's 1% cellularity!!!"

Please pardon my lack of medical knowledge as I try to explain Dr. Bill's great news about Judd's bone marrow results. (There really is nothing better in my book than getting good news from a good looking man.) When Judd's bone marrow was first tested his cellularity was extremely high. Cellularity refers to the percentage of leukemia cells in one's bone marrow. After receiving almost 10 days of chemo the doctors had hoped Judd's cellularity would drop. Dr. Bill said that he would have been pleased if Judd's cellularity was at 5%. Dr. Bill was ecstatic that Judd's cellularity was 1%. Basically this means that the cancer cells are almost gone and that Judd's body has done an amazing job throughout the treatments.

Judd spent most of the day mellowed out--attempting to keep his lingering chemo side-effects at bay. When he woke up from a late afternoon nap he had one thing on his mind for dinner--chicken pad Thai. I'll be honest when I say that Judd's Thai food craving suits my belly just fine. It warmed my heart to see Judd smile in delight with his first bite of chicken pad Thai.

Good night,
Erin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home