Friday, July 14, 2006

Judd's Hair

Judd Hardy now has a Mohawk. That's right, folks, a genuine, certified 80's glam rock golden runway of sweaty hair. Not entirely my fault, but I won't say I didn't egg him on. He figures its his last few days with hair, so why not live out a dangerous fantasy? Plus you all know how aggressive I sometimes get with clippers. (Pictures will follow.)

Annika and Andrea redecorated Judd's room today. They turned a flurry of craft goods, thumb tacks, prayer flags and disinfectant wipes into a decorating scheme worthy of at least a half hour on primetime HGN. They also brought and framed their beautiful photographs. What was once just a hospital room is now much closer to a home, and for that I'm very grateful.

Judd is just a few seconds from sleep, and so am I. It was an excellent day for him. High spirits and high energy. It is a calm before the storm, for sure, as the nastier effects of the chemotherapy have not yet set in, but he is doing very well. It's an excellent jumping off point for the difficult journey ahead. Please know that the doctors are time and again impressed by his strength and resilience. He's well, and that's why I'm going to bed full of hope and optimism.

1 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home